- Home Upgrades
- New Homes
- Learn More
- About Us
Are you selling your home and eager to let potential buyers know about the energy efficiency upgrades you completed?
Would giving potential buyers access to grants for upgrades and a customized retrofit plan for the home help to close the sale?
If yes, please contact us about participating in the Salt Spring Island Time Of Sale Pilot Program.
- Download the LiveSmart BC Time of Sale Home Energy Labelling Fact Sheet
- Check out the LiveSmart BC grants avaialble for home energy efficiency upgrades.
- Receive a Salt Spring Island Sustainability Checklist from the Salt Spring Island Energy Strategy when you book a home energy assessment
To order City Green grant chart brochures, please contact Glenys at 250 381 9995 x110.
To obtain a collection of Time of Sale Homeowner Kits for your clients, please contact Marion Pape of the Earth Festival Society.
How To Apply:
- Book a baseline home energy assessment with City Green at a cost of $150*
Receive a $75 rebate within one month of this first assessment, paid for by the CRD and issued through City Green Solutions (as supplies allow).
- Complete your choice of renovations OR Present to your report to potential buyers so that they can complete the renovations upon the purchase of the home.
- After upgrades, complete a follow up assessment with City Green at a cost of $150*. We apply for the grants on your behalf. Follow-up assessment must be completed before March 31, 2011.
*tax and mileage not included. Additional fees may apply. total cost of initial assessment is $300, but for a limited time, the BC Ministry of Energy, Mines, and Petroleum Resources is offering a subsidy of $150.
Recieve LiveSmart BC grant cheque after the follow-up assessment. The cheque will be sent to the individual (seller or buyer) who is the homeowner at the time of the follow-up assessment.
See complete list of grant eligible products.
Time of Sale in the news:
- Video: Time of Sale Pilot Project In Oak Bay & Salt Spring Island
- News Article: Gulf Islands Driftwood